I-465 Closure Alternate RoutesOctober 23rd, 2009 at 6:10 am by Julie Patterson under Traffic
Here’s a listing of some alternate routes you can take to avoid the I-465 / I-69 closures.
I-69 South to East Side
- From SB 69, exit at SR 238 (Exit 10) and turn left at the light. Drive about 1/2 mile to the traffic circle. Take Olio Road south thru Fishers over Giest Reservoir, (road becomes CR 600 W/Mt. Comfort Road).
- To reach Lawrence, turn right on Pendleton Pike/US 36. (Detour 15.14 Miles)
- To reach east side/downtown continue south to I-70. (Detour 19.8 Miles)
I-69 South to Shadeland
- Take I-69 south to Binford Blvd. Turn left on 75th St. or 71St. and head East to Shadeland. Turn right on Shadeland to I-465. (Detour 3.2 Miles)
I-465 to East Side (Shadeland & 71st)
- Exit I-465 to Meridian. Turn right on Meridian and take to 86th Street east to Keystone Blvd. Turn right onto Keystone to 71st. St. Turn left 71st St. eastbound past Allisonville Rd. and Binford Blvd. to Shadeland. (Detour 9.88 Miles)
I-465 to East Side (Lawrence)
- Exit I-465 at Meridian. Take Meridian south to Kessler Blvd. Turn left on Kessler and take east to East 56th St. Turn left on E. 56th to I-465. (Detour 10.91 Miles)
I-465 WB to Keystone
- Take I-69 north to 96th Street (Exit 3). Take 96th St. west to Keystone Blvd. Turn left on Keystone and head south to I-465. (Detour 8.04 Miles)