Bits and Pieces
May 29th, 2012 at 5:20 pm by Jim Shella under Jim Shella's Political Blog
- Why is Dick Lugar on national TV these days while Richard Mourdock has been out of sight? Is Mourdock getting some “mainstream” training?
- Who, if anyone, in the Indiana delegation will fill the Sunday morning void once Lugar is done and Mitch Daniels is out of office? They’ve been frequent guests on the interview shows, a place where Evan Bayh also used to show up with some regularity. Marlin Stutzman?
- Lugar said that Indiana Republicans didn’t appreciate that he was traveling the world doing important things when he missed party functions back home. Who was supposed to tell him that without the party functions, you don’t get to do the travel?
- Marco Rubio will help Indiana Republicans raise money next week. Is that a Romney running mate tryout?
- I gave a speech the other day to a service organization made up of men with an average age of 74 or 75. All of the lunchtime conversation was about how extremists have taken over politics. I was reminded of the guy who said there’s noting in the middle of road but yellow lines and possums.
Tags: Dick Lugar, Evan Bayh, Mitch Daniels, Richard Mourdock